4 Stone Buildings has several silks and juniors with a strong grounding in financial services regulatory law. Members regularly represent clients before the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Regulatory Decisions Committee and the Financial Services & Markets Tribunal. Charles Marquand is especially strong on the advisory side, providing strong support to clients in the public and private sectors. On the contentious side, Jonathan Crow QC has been involved in several offshore-related regulatory cases. Sharif Shivji QC, who recently took silk, John Brisby QC, and Alastair Tomson also all have noteworthy track records in this area.
- Jonathan Crow QC (Tier 2 Leading silks)- 4 Stone Buildings ‘A brilliant advocate, extremely knowledgeable, and very pleasant to work with.’
- John Brisby QC (Tier 3 leading silks) – 4 Stone Buildings ‘He is proactive and creative in his thinking.’
- Sharif Shivji QC (2020 Silks) – 4 Stone Buildings ‘He always does his absolute best for the client.’
- Charles Marquand (Tier 1 Leading juniors) – 4 Stone Buildings ‘Very quick to grasp issues and understand background, he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of relevant legislation.’
- Alastair Tomson (Tier 3 Leading juniors) – 4 Stone Buildings ‘Gives pragmatic commercial advice tailored to the client’s needs.’