The situation in relation to the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve rapidly. As a chambers, we are maintaining our commitment to ensuring that our members, staff and clients remain safe during these uncertain times. We are continuing to comply with government guidance in this respect.
Our clerks room continues to operate as normal and our members remain committed to providing the high standard of service for which we are renowned. Our IT staff are working tirelessly to ensure that our members can participate in video and telephone conferences and represent clients in remote video hearings without interruption.
All the Clerks are either working in Chambers or remotely and are contactable on email and their direct lines as below;
- David Goddard – Senior Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0207 421 3703
- Ben Lashmar – First Junior Clerk – email@example.com – 0207 421 3702
- Ryan Tunkel – Second Junior Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0207 421 3704
- Ellie Hecht – Clerk – email@example.com – 0207 421 3700
- Connor Ward – Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max Shepherd – Clerk – email@example.com
The coronavirus pandemic has given rise to a variety of legal issues. In line with our core areas of practice, our members are able to advise (on an urgent basis or otherwise) and represent clients in relation to, amongst others, the following issues arising from the current environment:
- Breach of contract, including remedies for non-performance
- Frustration, force majeure and illegality
- Procedural issues, including disclosure and recent updates to the Civil Procedure Rules
- Insolvency and restructuring, including administrations
- Company meetings
- Director’s duties, including liability for wrongful trading
- Loans and repayment terms
- Material Adverse Change clauses
In addition, our members are available to provide remote presentations and seminars in relation to the above matters, or indeed other areas which our clients would find useful. For example, two members of chambers are giving a seminar entitled “COVID-19 and Contracts” which we are happy to arrange with any other interested clients.
Please do contact the clerks if you would like any further information, either by calling 02072425524 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in arranging a presentation or seminar, please contact our Second Junior Clerk, Ryan Tunkel, on 02074213704 or email email@example.com.